Yes, there are several film festivals and movie screenings held in Saint Louis throughout the year. Some of the prominent ones include:
- St. Louis International Film Festival – Held annually in November, it is one of the largest international film festivals in the Midwest. It showcases a wide variety of films from around the world.
- St. Louis Filmmakers Showcase – Organized by Cinema St. Louis, this festival celebrates the local film industry and showcases works created by St. Louis-based filmmakers. It usually takes place in July.
- QFest St. Louis – This LGBTQ+ film festival highlights stories and issues relevant to the LGBTQ+ community. It includes feature films, documentaries, and shorts. The festival is held in March or April.
- St. Louis Jewish Film Festival – This festival presents films with Jewish relevance or themes. It takes place annually in June and July.
- Webster Film Series – Webster University in Saint Louis hosts a film series that screens a wide range of films, including art-house, independent, and foreign films. The screenings often include discussions with filmmakers or experts in the field.
Additionally, there are various independent cinemas and theaters in Saint Louis that regularly screen movies from different genres and eras.