- Meramec State Park: Located just outside of St. Louis, this park offers various camping options, including RV sites and tent camping. It also has hiking trails, fishing spots, and access to the Meramec River.
- Camp Lakewood: Situated in Potosi, approximatley 80 miles southwest of St. Louis, Camp Lakewood features both campsites and cabins. It offers activities like swimming, boating, zip-lining, and horseback riding.
- Cuivre River State Park: Located about an hour northwest of St. Louis, Cuivre River State Park has camping facilities, equestrian trails, fishing lakes, and hiking trails. It's a great spot for nature lovers.
- Hawn State Park: Situated around 90 miles south of St. Louis near Ste. Genevieve, Hawn State Park offers secluded camping sites surrounded by forests and rocky streams. It is perfect for those seeking solitude and hiking adventures.
- Babler Memorial State Park: Located just 25 miles west of St. Louis, Babler Memorial State Park offers both basic and electric campsites. It also has hiking trails, picnic areas, and equestrian trails.
- Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park: Situated within a short drive of St. Louis, this park has camping facilities, hiking trails, and picnic spots. It's an ideal option for a quick getaway.
- Castlewood State Park: Located just outside of St. Louis, this park offers camping facilities and a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and mountain biking. Its proximity to the city makes it a convenient choice.
Remember to always check for reservation availability, campground amenities, and any specific regulations or restrictions before planning your camping trip.