There are several good places to go camping near the Missouri River in St. Louis. Here are a few options:
- Riverfront Park: Located right on the Mississippi River, this park offers camping facilities with beautiful views. It has amenities like fire pits, picnic tables, and restrooms. You can enjoy fishing, boating, and hiking in the area.
- Babler State Park: Situated along the Meramec River, this state park is around 30 minutes west of St. Louis. It offers campsites for tents and RVs, as well as cabins. The park has several trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding.
- Klondike Park: Located on the Missouri River in Augusta, Klondike Park provides camping options with scenic views. The park offers facilities like fire rings, picnic areas, and restroom facilities. You can also enjoy activities like hiking, fishing, and canoeing.
- Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park: Another state park near the Missouri River, Babler Memorial State Park is about 40 minutes west of St. Louis. It offers camping with tent sites and RV hookups. The park has trails for hiking, equestrian activities, and biking.
- St. Charles County Parks: St. Charles County offers various parks along the Missouri River that provide camping options, such as Bangert Island Park, Indian Camp Creek Park, Klondike Park (mentioned earlier), and more. These parks offer camping facilities and several recreational activities.
Remember to check with the respective park authorities to ensure availability, make reservations, and get details regarding amenities and any specific regulations.