There are several good places to go fishing on the Mississippi River near St. Louis. Here are some popular spots:
- North Riverfront Park: Located just north of downtown St. Louis, this park offers easy access to the river and has fishing piers and a boat ramp.
- Creve Coeur Lake: Though not directly on the Mississippi River, Creve Coeur Lake is located in St. Louis County and offers great fishing opportunities. It is connected to the river by a channel and is known for its largemouth bass, crappie, and catfish.
- Alton Marina: Located in Alton, Illinois, just across the river from St. Louis, the marina has a public fishing dock and is known for its excellent catfish and largemouth bass fishing.
- The Chain of Rocks Bridge: This historic bridge, located in Madison County, Illinois, has a fishing platform and is popular for its catfish fishing.
- Columbia Bottom Conservation Area: Located north of downtown St. Louis, this conservation area offers access to the Mississippi River and is known for its diverse fish species, including catfish, crappie, and bluegill.
Remember to check local fishing regulations, obtain the necessary permits, and be aware of any restrictions or special rules in place for the specific fishing locations.