Other potential options for cycling in Saint Louis include:
- River des Peres Greenway: This 9-mile trail follows the River des Peres through parks and neighborhoods in South St. Louis. It offers a mix of urban and natural settings.
- Jefferson Barracks Park: This park has a 2.5-mile paved trail that encircles the historic Jefferson Barracks. Cyclists can enjoy views of the Mississippi River and explore the park's other amenities.
- Carondelet Park: In addition to its scenic lake and expansive green spaces, Carondelet Park also offers a 1.6-mile paved loop trail that is suitable for cycling.
- Cliff Cave Park: Located in South County, Cliff Cave Park features a 2.5-mile paved trail that meanders through forested areas and along the Mississippi River bluffs.
- Malcolm W. Martin Memorial Park: Situated across from the Gateway Arch, this park boasts a 1.7-mile riverside trail that offers stunning views of the Arch and downtown St. Louis. It is the perfect spot for a scenic cycle ride.
- Laumeier Sculpture Park: Although primarily known for its outdoor art installations, Laumeier Sculpture Park also offers paved paths for walking and cycling. The trails wind through wooded areas, allowing visitors to enjoy art and nature together.
These are just a few suggestions for places to go cycling in Saint Louis. Depending on your preferences and skill level, there are many more trails and paths to explore in the city and its surrounding areas.