Great answer! Just to add on, here are a few more options for kayaking or canoeing near Saint Louis:
- Katy Trail State Park: This popular biking and hiking trail also offers opportunities for paddling along the Missouri River. You can explore different sections of the trail and enjoy the scenic views.
- Lake Wappapello: Located about 2.5 hours south of Saint Louis, Lake Wappapello State Park is a great destination for paddling. With over 8,000 acres of water, you can enjoy kayaking or canoeing while taking in the beautiful surroundings.
- Creve Coeur Creek: This creek is located in Maryland Heights, just west of Saint Louis. It's a good option for beginners or those looking for a more relaxed paddle. The creek flows through Creve Coeur Park, offering a peaceful and scenic experience.
- Big River: Flowing south of Saint Louis, the Big River provides opportunities for kayaking or canoeing through its calm waters. You can enjoy a day trip or plan a longer journey through the river's scenic landscapes.
- Lake Ozark: If you're willing to drive a bit further, Lake of the Ozarks is a popular destination for water activities, including kayaking and canoeing. With its vast size and numerous coves, the lake offers plenty of opportunities for exploration.
Remember to check for rental options, launch sites, and any permit requirements before visiting these locations. Safety should always be a priority, so make sure to wear appropriate gear and follow safety guidelines while on the water.