Saint Louis offers a wide range of options for higher education. Some of the prominent institutions in the city include:
- Washington University in St. Louis: A prestigious private research university known for its strong programs in fields like business, engineering, medicine, and law.
- Saint Louis University: A private Jesuit university offering numerous undergraduate and graduate programs, including fields like business, education, health sciences, and humanities.
- University of Missouri-St. Louis: A public research university offering various undergraduate and graduate programs, including business, education, science, and social sciences.
- Webster University: A private university offering a range of undergraduate and graduate programs, particularly in areas like arts, media, communications, and social sciences.
- Fontbonne University: A private Catholic institution providing programs in fields such as business, education, arts, and sciences.
- Maryville University: A private university offering a variety of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in areas like health sciences, business, education, and digital media.
- Harris-Stowe State University: A public university focusing on teacher education, business, and STEM fields.
- Ranken Technical College: A private technical college known for its programs in engineering, technology, and skilled trades.
These are just a few examples, and there are several other community colleges, vocational schools, and specialty institutes in the area offering educational options in various fields.