There are several options for public schools in Saint Louis, Missouri. Some of the prominent ones include:
- Saint Louis Public Schools: This is the largest public school district in the city, serving over 20,000 students in grades Pre-K through 12. It operates various elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Special School District (SSD): SSD is a cooperative of 20 public school districts in the St. Louis area, providing specialized education services for students with disabilities.
- Parkway School District: This district serves parts of St. Louis County and St. Louis City, offering a comprehensive education from Pre-K to 12th grade. It is known for its high academic achievement and several National Blue Ribbon Schools.
- Rockwood School District: Located in West St. Louis County, this district serves over 20,000 students in grades K-12. It has a reputation for academic excellence and offers a wide range of programs and services.
- Ferguson-Florissant School District: Serving the northwestern parts of St. Louis County, this district comprises numerous elementary, middle, and high schools. It is dedicated to providing quality education to its diverse student population.
- Kirkwood School District: This district is located southwest of St. Louis City and offers a comprehensive education from K-12. It is known for its strong community involvement and academic success.
These are just a few examples, and there are several other public school districts and charter schools in the Saint Louis area, each with its own strengths and focus areas.